mate (plural: mates)
- An informal way of addressing a stranger in UK, Australia, NZ (USA and Canada use buddy).
- A slightly informal term for a friend in UK, Australia, NZ (USA and Canada use buddy).
- Scientific term for a sexual partner (see mating), particularly with breeding animals.
- One member of a matched pair of objects (the mate to this sock).
- A ship"s officer, subordinate to the captain.
- A technical assistant (gasfitter"s mate).
4 letters in word "mate": A E M T.
Anagrams of mate:
Words found within mate: